Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Shower and Hiking

This past weekend, I helped give a baby shower for a girl from school. Becca taught K with me and actually came to Clear Creek School as my assistant! She was only in my room about a month until she took over for another girl that was pregnant. Becca and I have taught together for the past three years. She officially began her maternity leave this past week; however, we are all awaiting the arrival of her son, Waiver.



The nursery has a soft-toned jungle theme. So, the four girls found lots of jungle touches to add for the decorations. I have found a great enjoyment in giving showers..especially when everyone involved enjoys bargain shopping! Becca was like a little kid at Christmas opening her gifts! In the picture is Mandi (K), Alison (1st), Becca, Me (K), and Dana (1st).




Sunday afternoon, Travis and I decided to go on a hike. There was actually a dusting of snow on the ground when I went to the early service, but by 1:00, it had gotten a bit warmer. We still set out in our gloves, fleeces, and tobogons for a nice 5 mile-ish hike. We came upon a trail called Twin Falls and decided to take it. At the end were 2 skinny and extremely tall waterfalls! I have included some pictures of what we saw on the way to the Falls and once we reached the falls. We couldn't get close enough to get a good picture of the Falls themselves. So, just enjoy the beauty of the mountain nature!

No comments: