Monday, August 29, 2011

And so it begins...

As I begin my 11th year of teaching, there are a few things I am reminded of:
1. The first days of Kindergarten are much like herding cats. Have you ever tried herding cats? I don't think it's possible!
2. Days of long, relaxing summer lunches are quickly replaced with quick 10 minute stuff your face lunches while giving "the look" to avoid having to get up
3. 5:45 is just plain early
4. It's okay to be tired and ready for bed by 8:00 for the first few days
5. If you thought I talked a lot before, you should hear me talking during the school days
6. No matter how much they drive you crazy they are only five and just need some guidance
7. 23 "little ducklings" following you makes for a long line
8. Take 2 steps, stop, check line, repeat. No wonder it takes us five minutes to walk down one short hallway
9. You're guaranteed to laugh by what you learn from children. You just never know what is going to come out of those mouths.
10. Remember these days now because they will grow in so many ways by December and especially by June.

Here's to patience, patience, and more patience! Oh and being able to learn with the children.

No comments: