Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Something

Well, once again this year my resolution was "to do something". It's such a great idea because everyday you do something. It's fail proof! It could be as simple as brushing your teeth, drinking coffee, paying a bill, or it could be bigger like practicing knitting, sewing, or trying a new recipe.
By January 2nd, I already had my "big something" for 2012. I was convinced to attempt the Dupont 1/2 Marathon! So, training officially began yesterday. I rushed from school to go running in the woods with Ann and our dogs. I realized this task was upon me, so Sunday I decided it was time to kick it into high gear. This is when I realized I hadn't actually run since December! I had been walking, but not running. Oops! So, going into this run I had a few butterflies. I just knew I was going to have to stop and walk. However, as I turned the last corner and realized where we were, I knew I had made it! I completed the 5 mile run in the woods with confidence I could do it again. Now as for the 9 or 10 mile run...well, we will just have to see!
So, here's to staying busy in 2012 getting ready for an April race!

1 comment:

Uncle Dave said...

I'm planning on doing a sit-up sometime this year. I haven't gotten the date nailed down yet, but I'm hoping maybe sometime this spring.