Monday, July 09, 2012

Beautiful Sign

As  many of you heard, I will be moving to the Cary area to teach 1st grade. In all this craziness that has occured the past 3 weeks I found a sense of calm this morning. I had just hung up the phone after hearing I had in fact been hired for the job (yeah!) when I was sitting on the couch looking out the big picture window. A hummingbird flew to the window and looked around. I don't recall seeing one over the past 5 years I have lived here. As a child I remember seeing them come up to MeMe's window and my mom's kitchen window. I was talking to my friend Anna on the phone when I said, "Aw there's a hummingbird! I think it's MeMe!". I continued to watch it fly to a bush where I saw another one...I think it was Pa. So, MeMe and Pa were wishing me well and telling me this is the right path to take. I will always remember who I am and where I came from; and the mountains will always be waiting in the distance for my visit.

No comments: