Tuesday, January 02, 2007

MeMe


Since MeMe celebrated her 85th birthday on Friday, I wanted to dedicate a posting all to her!
Even though our dear Pa was not with us this Christmas, we were blessed to have our MeMe join us. Uncle Kyle is sweet to let MeMe ride in his car, so with David's help they were on their way to Rural Hall! She came up Christmas day and again the day after Christmas for the gift exchange. She participated in the game, and thought about doing some stealing! These pictures are actually from her departure on the day after Christmas, but doesn't she still look cute?!

Meme's actually birthday was spent being dressed up like the queen she is, having a room full of balloons and visitors, and a lunch from Dairi-O (only the best hotdogs this side of the Mississippi!!!). We took hotdogs, fries, ice cream, and cake to the queen! Afterwards, she was ready for her nap! My MeMe is so special to me; I was lucky to share her special day.
In addition to MeMe's birthday, we will now be celebrating Tommy Brunton's birthday as well! My cousin Lina, David, and Zoe welcomed their son and brother on the 29th. So, from now on we can celebrate 2 wonderful Pettys in one day! Tommy doesn't know how lucky he is yet!

1 comment:

Grant+Laura said...

B! You beat me to the punch!! That's what I get for being a procrastinator. I tried not to copy you too much - - but I really had picked my pictures before I read your blog. Great minds think alike I guess!