Friday, June 20, 2008

Am I Really 30?!!!





My birthday weekend began Friday afternoon when several of us from school went out to enjoy some quality time together. Saturday, my sweet mom decided to come up and spend the day with me. She and I enjoyed a lunch at Blue Sky (yummy!) , went to get pedicures, walked around downtown Asheville, then met up with Travis for dinner. After breakfast on Sunday, mom went back home. How sweet to come spend time with me!

On Sunday, Travis and I found a local water hole in the Pisgah. We put on our bathing suits, sunscreen, and headed out! Once we arrived, there were 6 butterflies fluttering around...neat-o! The water was FREEZING, but felt good since the temperature was in the 90's. We had our own private beach...very relaxing!

Monday was my real birthday and the LAST day of school! SO, it was a BIG party day! My assistant and her two daughters came to school on Sunday and decorated the K-1 hallway. (The big "30" I am standing beside was signed during the day by kids and teachers.) The kids and some teachers bought in gifts to fill up a basket. It was filled with items such as gift cards to Target& Subway, chocolate, lotions, and soaps. We had pizza delivered to school for lunch and let the kids ice a homemade cupcake with sprinkles! The kids sang to me and the principal even announced my b-day that morning! After school, a teacher had an adult only pool party which was a perfect way to end the day!




To come...Travis takes me to Hilton Head for my birthday!

1 comment:

Crystal Johnson said...

Oh, Happy 30th! It sounds like you were spoiled! I still want to treat you to lunch or dinner to celebrate, so you must call me when you get back to town!