Saturday, July 12, 2008

Michigan





On a foggy Monday morning, I headed out of town at 6:30 a.m. Nine hours later I was in Ohio for the night! Tuesday morning, I drove another hour and a half to end up in Royal Oak, MI. After about a year and a half, I was able to spend time with Ben, Victoria, and their sweet girl Liliana. We walked into downtown Birmingham for lunch, visited nightly in their backyard with dinner and drinks, walked around downtown Royal Oak, and took a trip to the Detroit Zoo. The moment I arrived it was as if no time had past since our last time together. Actually, the last time we were together Victoria was still pregnant!




The last time I was in MI, I was waiting for Sawyer to be born. Ben, Victoria, and I had an eventful day in Royal Oak. We enjoyed a progressive dinner/drinks and trying on "odd things" found in different stores. I wish I had some of those pictures to show you! Anyway, Ben had to work so it was just us girls. We walked into one store that sadly had toned things down. The previous picture consisted of funky boots, boas, wild purses, and sunglasses. The only thing we could find this time was funky shoes...even a pair of "sparkly red slippers" for Liliana! The second place was our funky hats shop! There were even hats for Liliana too! So, the tradition continues.
Here's to good friends and good times!

No comments: