Monday, January 26, 2009

Hot Chocolate Race




I convinced my friend Becca to run in her first race! Saturday, January 24th we ran in the Issac Dickson Hot Chocolate 10K (6 miles). Becca was fired up from the moment I arrived at her house that morning and she didn't stop! She rocked out her first race and I think she might be hooked! The rain was trying to start and the wind picked up briskly as the race was beginning. By the end, the sun was trying to peek out; but the wind was holding strong. Becca's husband, Gabe, is a wonderful chef. He got back into town Friday night and was able to cheer us on with their son Waver. After the race, they invited me back to the house for a celebratory beer and breakfast! I think I was more excited about the breakfast! Bacon, hashbrowns, and an omelet to die for! What could have been better!
On a side note: Happy Birthday to my sweet mom! She celebrated her big day on the 12th by spending the weekend with me! Also, check out the Gribble's link when you get a chance...cute, cute!

No comments: