Sunday, February 01, 2009

Running again

Saturday morning my alarm went off at the normal 5:40 a.m. time. I slightly remember hitting the snooze button and slept for 9 wonderful minutes. When the second alarm went off, I decided to turn on the Weather Channel. If it said that it was in the 20's, I was going back to bed. Lucky me, it was 30! So, I got dressed and headed out the door around 6:30 to meet the new team. This was their first run of the training. I remember my warm, sunny, August morning that I first met my team. I also remember that I couldn't run the whole 3 mile, hilly course. However, yesterday I rocked it out! It felt great! Of course, it could have been the fact that by the time I met the team it was hovering around 25 and that didn't include the wind chill. Or the fact that coming back the wind was pushing downhill! Either way, I just wanted to get the run done. We ended up running 3.24 miles...it was actually a great way to start my day. I got so much accomplished!

2 comments:

marye said...

So are you doing another TNT race? Good for you for sticking with it!

Matt and I are trying to train for an olympic triathlon in May! :-) We keep putting of running though -- if it's in the 30s we tend to decide it's too cold. We're really wimps, huh?

Claire said...

I was planning on running on Saturday with the new team, but things didn't work out. Are you training for another event? I hope to see you at another Saturday run soon!