Monday, October 03, 2011

It's a Charleston Wedding!

Thursday evening I went down for Mandi and Ryan's beautiful wedding! After dating for 11 years, they finally decided to make it official. Since they were getting married on a Friday at 4:30 I was going to have to take the day off from work to make it in time. So, I offered to help if needed on Friday. Well, I became the wedding decorator! I met at 10 that morning to begin the transformation; then went back to meet the florist at 3:00. By the time I made it back, the flowers were all set and the cake was no where to be found! By this time it was 30 minutes late. After the bride arrived and had her pictures taken, I got a little worried. I got the number and my most direct voice ready and demanded the cake be delivered since it was now an hour late. I informed them I would be calling back in 15 minutes if it had not arrivied. Lucky for them, the cake arrived with 2 minutes to spare. Of course, the florist had to leave for another event so I became the cake decorator placing flowers on the cake as directed. For awhile there I felt like Martha Gribble, the wedding director. Maybe we should get together. We could be on to something here!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own free slideshow design

No comments: