Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dupont Half Marathon

Training since the end of January finally paid off. I completed the Dupont Half Marathon Saturday! Dupont is a National Forest in the area, so I'm pretty proud I was just able to finish the 13.1 miles on trails! I could really care less about my time, but was glad I did it! My brother asked me when my next race was going to be. My first response was are you crazy?!, but today has come and almost gone and I might just want to find another one to run. I hate to feel this good about life and not continue. I agree with my mom in the statement that I run for the social aspect. However, when I really think about this I usually am with people at the beginning of a run and at the end. So, I think I'd like to work on speed versus distance right now. Well, that's how I feel right now at least!
As I was lying on the ground I said, "Let's do this again...today!"

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Congratulations, looks like you did great!

Also, come do the Big Sur Half (which is actually in Monterey) with us in November! Beautiful course, people to cheer you on, and very flat. What's not to love (I mean, I know it's 3,000 miles away and everything, but still...)?! :-)