Sunday, November 18, 2012

Church

I finally visited a church today. I discovered at 8:15 the service began at 8:45 and found myself walking to the church by 8:35. I use this churches parking lot most days on my way to the greenway so it was time I stopped in and sat with God. Here are a few observations from the morning:

1. After a woman visiting people sat down she said, "I'd better get settled in and ready for God."

2. A man next to me had his Iphone in his bible during the sermon. He must have been looking up an unfamiliar word. I'm sure there's an app for that right?!

3. On my way out I shook the preacher's hand and he commented on my name. "How biblical and there's Mary and Martha too." To which I responded, "I know. My grandmother's name is Mary and my mom's name is Martha." He then asked if we had anyone named  Lazareth in the family. What a jokester.

No comments: