Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sunday

Sunday I ate my way across town. I enjoyed breakfast with Maggie and her family before heading out the adventure. After dropping off Pattie at her sisters' house for the day, I met some of the old book club/running girls and husbands for lunch. Once again I tasted the yummy goodness that only PaPa's and Beer can serve. As lunch finished I found myself with 2 hours to spare. I decided to have a little date with the parkway. As I turned right I had no plan. I just drove until I found the perfect overlook. I snapped a few pictures and then just sat.
After a little talk with God I headed to meet some of my old teaching friends for food...again. I opted for chocolate pecan pie and a cup of coffee. We chatted and laughed just like we were standing in the halls of "The Creek". After saying goodbye for a good 30 minutes I was off to pick up Pattie and head down the mountain to my parents house for the evening.
Lucky for me it was dark and I wasn't able to see what I was leaving behind. Although there were no tears shed it was harder saying goodbye this time than my last visit in September.

No comments: