Monday, March 25, 2013

Another Half

I began training back in January for a half I would run on March 17th. This being my 3rd race I thought I knew what I was doing. Well, it will go in my books as "worst race" so far. I had knee trouble on my left leg the last week and half. This caused me to change my gait, which in turn caused terrible chaffing especially on my left leg. I had no trouble during training and was typically the one leading the pack (maybe thanks to Pattie). The 2 girls I was training with finished 10 minutes and 16 minutes ahead of me. Awesome for them as it was their first half! I also tried getting in the St. Patrick's Day spirit by wearing my green headband instead of my normal one, long green socks which were ridiculously hot, and I even changed my energy chews. Rookie mistakes all around!
So, I took myself to the doctor Monday after work; which is not something I generally do. My attitude is usually wait it out, it'll get better. Lucky for me I was able to practice my cowgirl walk for a week while having gauze, tape, and destin (yes, you read that right. I was sticking baby butt ointment on my legs) stuck to my legs. I'm almost back to normal and hoping for a good run tomorrow after work. What a mess! I might be done with long distances...maybe! ;) At least this race is finished and the crazy part is I really want to go running again.

Heading out at 5:30 Sunday morning:
 Finally finished and ready to get warm. I didn't even stick around for the free beer!

No comments: