Saturday, March 16, 2013

Initiated

Friday morning I walked into my classroom to find it covered with NC State "trash". There were red and white streamers stretching across the room, red and white balloons, magnets, jerseys, t-shirts, flags, banners, chairs, pom poms, etc. This school year I have enjoyed "discussing" Carolina vs. State and how Carolina is the better team. ;)
One parent from each of these families went on the 5th grade field trip getting back to school around 8:00 Thursday night. Upon arrival, the rest of their families came up to school armed with red and white and got to work. One of the parents asked if anyone got my reaction on video. I told her no but it started something like this: " Oh my goodness! hahahahahaha! Holy crap! hahahahahaha!" I quickly took it all down, through it into trash bags, put it in the hallway and labeled it with a large "trash" sign so the parents could see it when they walked their kids in that morning.
It was by far the best EVER prank by parents. I believe I was "initiated" into the school and finally "belong"!
This picture doesn't do the room any justice:

No comments: