Wednesday, March 03, 2010

In Like A Lion

The last weekend in February was busy and had I known a bigger snow storm was coming, I might have enjoyed being outside even more! I will be an assistant coach for the Girls on the Run group at my school this Spring season. So, Saturday was spent at GOTR training along with the other 3 coaches. We finished up around 1:30 and I immediately headed home to take my recycling! Since I can only get to the dump on Saturdays and well there has only been one Sat. since December that wasn't snowy I had to take advantage of this day. The one warm, non-snowy Saturday was last week when I was home for Lena's shower. After dropping off my large pile of recycling and trash, I headed home to let Pattie play. Beginning to not feel well, we played a bit then took the night easy. Sunday was spent taking it easy between church, a funeral, and some more playtime with Chloe. Monday began March and with it came a rush of nastiness in the form of a cold. It had been building for about a week, and hit me full blown when I was at school. My deep manly voice I had acquired with this cold was slowly turning into a non-existent voice as the day progressed. Finally at 1:30 I called defeat and headed home to sleep. My assistant finally looked at me and said, " Little Martha, go home!". I am stubborn and dedicated just like my mother which I feel is a compliment! Who better to be like than her! Monday night the snow began falling and we woke up Tuesday to the ground covered and snow still falling. The final count was 8 inches, slightly above the 2-4 that was predicted! Nevertheless, I didn't let the snow keep me inside anymore. I decided I was making a snowman this time and as I headed out the door, a 22 oz. beer was stuck in my snow. It was payment from the my neighbors for parking in my driveway once again. Not too shabby, of course I'm not feeling much like a beer right now. Still just pumping my body full of vitamin C. So, on to Saturday school we go as a make-up day for Tuesday missed. Make-up day for today has yet to be determined. Anyone have lesson plans for the 4th of July?!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: March snow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a slideshow design


1 comment:

Phillip said...

move to Toledo. There's less snow!