Monday, January 24, 2011

All Day Racing

Awaking at 6:30 to 20 degree weather is not an ideal way to start your Saturday morning. However, I needed to get myself ready for another year of running in the Issac Dickson Hot Chocolate 10K. Yep, that's right. Again this year I signed up for the race in hopes I would keep myself motivated through the holidays. Turns out, January 1st hit and I realized there had been little to no training much as the past years have proved. So, last Monday I joined a gym, visited it 4 times and ran the race. Well, let's just say I finished the race. I actually felt much better about the race running more and faster than past years until I hit the beast of an end...the dreaded hill! Again, I finished.
It was home to quickly shower, eat, grab Pattie and head back to W. Asheville for the second event on the agenda. We were attending the Winter Warmer Beer Fest that afternoon. Little did I know a few firsts were coming my way. I rode the public bus for the first time (not buses that run through a college campus, I have been on those). I tasted a few beers for the first time. After the fest, we grabbed pizza before heading home. I ordered pepperoni and pineapple. There is no pineapple at this place, but they offered banana. I said what the heck, I would try it. It wasn't so bad. I still enjoy pineapple better, but now I can say I've tried banana pizza...have you?!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free picture slideshow customized with Smilebox

No comments: