Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Miles visits Kindergarten

Two weeks ago I was planning my dinosaur unit. We haven't done this unit in a few years but we had an extra week the way the calendar fell so we put it back in. Most of our boys love learning about dinosaurs. We make dinosaurs out of pasta, "excavate" chips out of chocolate chip cookies, measure the real length, see how many of our feet fit into one large dino foot, etc. Well, my friends Maggie and Justin have one smart boy who LOVES dinosaurs! So, as I was planning I had this brilliant idea to invite him to the classroom! Miles will be going to Kindergarten in the Fall so this was helpful to me since I have a hard time pronouncing the names and helpful for him to see what Kindergarten might be about. He arrived around 9 and left before our lunch at 11. He helped read us two books, "wrote" a story about taking a dinosaur to school, made a pasta dinosaur, played in the blocks with the dinos, and made a dinosaur in the Art center. Here are a few pictures from his trip and a video if it will upload. He reads an entire A-Z dino book so it is kind of long.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free photo slideshow customized with Smilebox

No comments: