Monday, March 14, 2011

Wellingtons

I went to church last weekend in the pouring rain wearing leggings, a skirt, and my rain boots. Looking like a five year old I might add, but hey, it was pouring rain and at least I made the effort to attend church. Anyways, I sit down next to some friends I have made. The wife is also a Kindergarten teacher in the county so we are always swapping stories. Well, she is also from England. As the service is beginning she looks at me and says, "I love your Wellingtons". Well, I'd love to thank her but I'm not sure what she is talking about. So, of course I asked. This is probably a term I should know, but well I didn't. So, I went to church and learned a new word all in the same day!
(I did not make Pattie put her paws near my wellingtons for the picture. I was just snapping pictures and she wanted to be close.)

No comments: