Thursday, June 28, 2007

Jammin' June


Well, the second week of June was filled with happenings!
First, it was the last week of school....hooray!
Second, it was coming up on my birthday weekend...hooray! Third, we were saying goodbye to our good friend Dana...boo hoo!

To celebrate the last day of school; Dana, Mandi, and I invited people over to the place for a cocktail hour honoring the last day of school and to say goodbye to Dana. We spent the evening sharing stories of the past year and hearing about Dana's new adventure. She and her husband left the next day (my birthday) for Colorado where she will be teaching.

So, my birthday started out with tears! After saying goodbye to Dana; Travis suggested we head down to the pool for a relaxing mid-morning/afternoon. We spent my birthday weekend eating at my favorite place: Flat Rock Grille, going to the movies, and relaxing. My kind of way to celebrate; now that I'm getting older!

Another weekend, Travis and I headed down to Iva, SC to see his dad's side of the family. After lunch, we headed to the lake. We enjoyed a relaxing couple of hours fishing and playing with Zion (Travis' neice). She is just starting to crawl, and as you can see from the picture...loved the water!!! The guys all did some fishing, and were able to catch a few. I was even able to drive the boat...just a short distance though! The first time I tried, the boat went in a complete cirle!!! Not sure what happened that time!

The rest of June has been spent either reading for class or being in class. I am currently in a week long, all day class that will end tomorrow!!! As of July 2nd, I will be finished taking summer classes, and will only have 2 more classes to go!!!

If you get a chance, click on the link and check out my web page I created this past semester. (I might have already sent this to you, so just ignore this if I have!)
This is my attempt to be as computer smart as the rest of my family!
Be sure to click on all the links and pictures...you'll never know what you might find!

No comments: