Sunday, August 03, 2008

First Run

Yesterday (Saturday) was my first official training day. By 8:30 a.m., I had showered, eaten breakfast, attended a clinic, run(jogged) 3 miles, and stretched!
We began with a nutrition clinic more or less about the actual race day. I have never run far enough at one time that I needed to think about drinking water and eating! Afterwards, we took off on our first 3 mile run. I amazingly did it while holding conversations with people!!! I never looked at my watch until we returned, so I have no idea how long it took us. I'm just proud that I did it!

By 11:30 that morning, I had accomplished all the above mentioned, run by Target for school stuff since it was tax free, went with Travis and Trooper to the river for a walk, and had lunch! Of course, by 12:30 I was out on the couch!!! :)

No comments: