Saturday, November 22, 2008

12 degrees

That's right! It was 12 degrees when I met the team today; or what little there was of the team. There were 4 runners including our coach this morning. Hum, I wonder why?!!! I decided I had missed enough practices recently because of the cold weather, and it couldn't be an excuse anymore. (running around in a circle at 6:00 p.m. in 19 degree weather didn't sound fun!)
So, I set out this morning at 6:45 dressed in everything warm I could find! Looking back now that I'm warm again, it was an adventure. However, when I first set out this morning I thought it was just plain dumb! Either way, if you look at the picture it looks as if I have a bad case of dandruff on the right side of my hair. Take a closer look and you will see that my hair had ice in it...my hair had frozen from the sweat!!! I just happened to have my camera with me and took a picture before jumping in the car to warm up! I couldn't believe it! I think if I had run anymore, my eyelashes might have frozen shut. I guess when I was wiping them during the run and I thought they felt frozen, it really was ice I was wiping away!!!

3 comments:

Maggie said...

You go girl!!!!!

Crystal Johnson said...

Now that's dedication!

Not me... I'll be thinking about you as I dring my coffee by the warm fire.

Kyle said...

You put the free and the zing into freezing