Friday, December 26, 2008

Colorado...Day One

After hopping a plane at 6:30 in the mornin', I was on my way to Denver, CO! I arrived in the Cinn. airport with just enough time to quickly walk to the next gate. I sat down on the much larger plane and stared at the DVD players in front of me, wishing for a second I had money to spend to watch the movie. However, I decided that my money would be better spent in CO, so I settled down with my book and the window for napping. I arrived in Denver around 10:00 their time and was greeted by Dana and Trent! I hadn't seen them since a brief encounter last Christmas and a quick lunch with Dana this summer. So, we had lots to catch up on! We headed into Denver for lunch and a little bit of walking around before heading to Idaho Springs.
When we got to their house that afternoon, it was snowing! I got a tour of their house, enjoyed a tasty CO beer while catching up, then helped make food for the Tacky Christmas Party they were hosting that evening. "Eggnog with a twist", fine tasting CO beers, mighty tasty food, and good fellowship ended my first day out there. I knew this was going to be a trip to remember!

No comments: