Friday, December 26, 2008

Day Two...Skiing

If you look back to February 07, you will see that was my first time ever skiing. I was certainly no pro at this skiing thing, but I hated to be in CO and NOT go skiing. They said they would leave it up to me what we did. So, Sunday afternoon we headed to the slopes! Since Dana and Trent are professionals at this skiing business (they used to be ski instructors and where they fell in love!), I was well equipped with gear and my very own instructors! So, I at least looked like I knew what I was doing...or at least I was dressed that way! (Since I just carried a pack with me on the plane, I borrowed Dana's warm stuff while I was out there.) That afternoon we headed to the "local" ski area about 45 mins. from their house; A Basin . The "kiddie" slope had a chair lift so I was going to conquer several things this day...skiing in CO and attempting a chair lift! The first two times I exited the chair lift, I fell (surprise!). I really didn't know that was possible to fall from the lift once your feet are on ground. Trust me, it happens though! The other times, I was successful working my way to "bunny slope pro" status! I fell a few times at the beginning, but quickly got the hang of it. I was even trying out some turns! After a few hours of skiing, we headed to a local place for a late lunch then home to watch the Carolina Panthers. After staying up late the night before, I headed to bed early; or at least CO time early!

No comments: