Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The Hotel Room



Never in my life I have stayed in such a swanky place and probably will never again! Friday and Saturday nights, The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island was lucky enough to have me as their guest! Mom and Dad arrived around dinner Friday night after sitting in traffic to get on the island. Once they were settled in the house, mom went to the pasta dinner with me. After the dinner was done, I showed her my high class room! She couldn't believe her daughter was staying in such a place. So, just to prove it, I had to take pictures! Mom took a picture standing in front of the flat screen TV while I sat in the garden tub. Then, she was standing in the large bathroom while I was on the four post King sized bed! Man, those were the best baths (I'm not usually a bath taker, but I was Friday and Saturday nights!) and the best sleep I have had!
After relaxing in the bath, I was actually able to sleep a little that night. I did wake up around 4:00 and tossed and turned. We were to meet in the lobby of the hotel at 7 a.m. for a group picture. These were all the members in the Western division; all 67 of us. (The Eastern division was on the other staircase taking their picture.) The Western division raised over $165,000 for the Luekemia and Lymphoma Society!!! After our picture, we walked over to the starting line! And, so it began...

No comments: