Monday, March 02, 2009

Snow Day!





It really was true! March did come in like a lion with some strong winds and lots of beautiful snow! I think I ended up with about 4 maybe 5 inches here at the house. Of course, it's almost all melted by now. The power did some flickering last night, but luckily I never lost it completely. School was even called off for kids and teachers last night...usually I get a phone call around 6:00 in the a.m. if we don't have school.
Pattie was not a big fan of this snow and as the night progressed and she had to go out to potty, her trips began getting faster! This morning I tried to get her to run around in it like we have run around the house playing; however, she was not having anything to do with it! She was NOT a big fan of this cold stuff on her paws and found the least deep spot to do her business. Of course, I tried carrying her out in the middle of the yard to get her to like it, but she would immediately run back to the porch area! I tried! She is enjoying basking in the sun coming in from the sliding glass door...maybe she'll be a beach bum!

1 comment:

thegirlsofgrace said...

If it makes you feel any better, my three year old Great Dane doesn't like the snow and only made it off the patio to use the bathroom because I pushed him off! He didn't mind the small amount of snow, but when it exceeded 4 inches, he was done. I literally had to persuade him to go out in it the next day so he could go to the bathroom and even then he stayed right by me!

Dogs...aren't they grand!?

Kelly B.