Sunday, September 13, 2009

Carolina Camping

Saturday started out great, took a slight turn in the wrong direction, then ended up heading back to the right path. After coffee and a little breakfast, Pattie and I headed out for a morning jog. Just as the fog was lifting, we hit the park running. Halfway through, the heat kicked in and I began to struggle. I kept telling myself at least I was not running the half marathon that morning like some of my friends were! After jogging and a quick trip to the grocery store for the evenings festivities, I showered and headed out to meet up with Ann and Brad to watch the Carolina game! Not only was there friends and football; there was fried pickles and a Hoptober! Good thing I went running huh?!
So, it was decided we would go ahead and head into the mountains for our evening camping trip!
On Friday, Brad (and Chloe) took out the tarp, tent, and chairs to claim the spot. They found this great spot a few weeks back when his parents came into town. It was going to be perfect for the puppies too! So, we met up at the entrance and drove up to the campsite. Once there, we discovered someone had stolen everything! The cut the ropes and took the bungee cords which makes us think it was all done in a hurry and not some park ranger. Just sad that there are people out there that do these type of things. After sitting on the log watching the dogs play and letting the steam settle from our ears, we decided to call their friend Michael who was going to join us. He and his wife live on lots of acreage nearby. So, we headed his way to figure out our next step. Once there, we began relaxing, the dogs were going crazy, and we were laughing again. We were determined to go camping. So, Michael got out his two tents and we set them up on his land. He opted to sleep inside since his bed was there. He offered the bed in the loft and the couch to us, but we happily declined. I was excited about taking Pattie camping for the 1st time!
I went to the tent around 10ish and slept like a log until about 1:30. This is when I began tossing and turning; going in and out of sleep. Every time I checked my watch or moved, Pattie was looking right at me. I'm not sure she slept at all! From about 4:30ish until we got up around 7, Pattie was restless. Which is crazy since she was going full force from 3:00 until 10:00! Plus, she and Chloe were at it again this morning! Needless to say, she crashed once we got home and didn't seem too upset when I left for an afternoon walk. After a yummy breakfast, church, a walk with the girls, and some lunch I crashed out for a good two hours. Plus, I'm looking at an early bed time! Overall, there was a silver lining in our camping cloud this weekend!

No comments: