Monday, November 02, 2009

Halloween


Saturday morning, Jess and I got up and went jogging in the rain. Yes, rain and humidity galore! This was not exactly October 31st weather! Let's just say that Halloween has not been too much fun the past few years and I was looking forward to being with friends, dressing up, attending a party, and then trick-or-treating! After jogging, we showered then picked up Heather to run some errands. Eliza, Jessica's oldest daughter, decided she wanted to be Pattie for Halloween. So, we ran to get some items to make the costume. After errands, we headed back so I could meet up with Jill and her family for a bit. It was a short visit, but great to catch up with Jill! It was nice to get some good words of encouragement, hear about what's been going on, then see a sleeping baby that luckily woke up right before I had to leave! I had to cut the visit short because it was time to get ready for the neighborhood party! The party started at 4 and it was 80 degrees! So, the costumes I had taken to wear got changed at the last minute. I ended up wearing a short sleeve shirt, a skirt, and chacos; and I was still sweating! However, the party was fun! I loved seeing the kids play the games, eat some good food, and meet new people. We stayed at the party until dark, then took the kids trick or treating, then headed back to the party! I think we all finally left around 10:30 when all the parents started realizing how late the kids were staying up! After watching Anna and Eliza go through their stash, we all called it a night! It was so hot I didn't even dress up Pattie until Sunday morning. We woke Sunday to rain, wind, and about 55 degree weather! So, I got her dressed long enough for one picture! Overall, it was a fabulous weekend! (I forgot to put Pattie in the slideshow, so she made her own debut up top!)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Halloween 09
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: