Sunday, November 22, 2009

Saturday Shower

Saturday I had this brilliant idea to go watch the Christmas parade downtown. I have wanted to go since I moved up here and have never made it. So, this was going to be the year! I was supposed to meet at the Anders house that morning. However, since the parade didn't start until 11:00 and lasts for 2 hours, there was no way I could be at Dinah's house to help give a baby shower for her daughter by 2:00! So, I had to cancel my plans with the Anders and get myself ready to throw a shower. I hung around the house vacuuming up some dog hair, taking Pattie for a walk, and wrapping some gifts. The Kindergarten and First Grade team got together for gifts; so I was able to do the shopping and the wrapping!
I headed over that way just after I watched Carolina score 3 touchdowns...Go Heels!!! I sent out 72 invitations to this floating baby shower and probably 50+ people showed up! It was a house full! It was nice seeing teachers from school outside of the school halls where you could really talk and get to know each other better. I finally headed home a little before 6 and just relaxed that evening.

No comments: