Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Holiday Cheer


Monday morning I awoke with a huge list of things to do before my evening party. My friends had requested another girls night out (for them) at my house and it was decided that the Monday before Christmas would work out best. So, I started my morning by finishing up the cleaning of the house before tackling the "decorations" of the coozies and cups that we would be using that night. I found these for a dollar back in November and decided I would dress them up a bit and give them out as presents. Then I remembered that some people might only want to drink wine, so I found a way to "dress up" the wine glasses I found for a buck also. So, the finished product was ready and I was off to my rescheduled hair appt. since I couldn't get out of my driveway or road on Saturday. It was after that appt. that things changed.
Mother nature had another idea for many of us. Slick driveways, snowed in cars in garages, black ice, and powerless homes had now postponed the outing until January. However, a few of us were determined that we could get out and that we would still get together for the holidays. So, we met at Brixx pizza for our outing. I was a little bummed at not having the girls over, but saw the bright side to all of this: we can get together twice and maybe next time more people can come over that were originally out of town for this planned event! There's always a silver lining to everything; sometimes it just takes a little time to figure it out or accept it.
All in all, it was a lovely evening spent with friends (new and old) before we all begin our holiday travels. Merry Christmas to everyone and just know, "we can do it again in 2010"!!!

1 comment:

Phillip said...

BUmmer. If you lived in OHIO that would not have been a problem. May the power thing, but not the snowed in cars!!!! Enjoy the snoe. You can keep it all winter if you want!