Monday, December 21, 2009

Let It Snow!

Every year, I have rushed out of my house the moment I begin my winter break. This year, I decided I was going to take things easy, go with the flow, and take it all in. Why rush? I love being with my family, but when I'm gone for two weeks I miss out on the Christmas season at my own house. The joys of waking up in my pajamas, drinking coffee, and maybe not changing into real clothes until the early afternoon. I miss holiday time spent with my friends and taking in what my town has to offer. So, this year marks the first year EVER that I have not rushed home. Am I growing up?!
Friday was supposed to be our last day before the winter break, but mother nature had another plan for us. School was called off after 6 that morning; after I had showered, gotten dressed, heard the coffee pot start, and dried my hair. So since I was awake, I watched the snowfall...back in my pajamas of course! I watched as the snow fell heavy at times looking almost like a blizzard. About every hour, I would walk outside with Pattie and take in the winter wonderland that was falling around us. Pattie loved the snow this year and it was hilarious to watch her reaction as the snow grew higher. I had a total of 10.5 inches fall at my house and it's still around three days later. The roads have all been scraped, I shoveled my driveway and my walkway, and sent my friends back home. Some friends and their dog came over to stay Saturday morning after they lost power Friday. They ventured back home Sunday night around 9 when they got the phone call from a neighbor that 50 hours later the power had come back on. It was a little quiet in the house last night, but after sleeping on the couch Saturday night I welcomed the stillness of no puppies playing and lying in my warm bed. So, now it's off to clean the house, make some food, and get the drinks ready for the girls Christmas party at my house tonight!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: snow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow



2 comments:

Phillip said...

wow did u get some snow! Looks live you live in the NORTH! Sawyer says "Thanks for sharing your video and pictures of Patti in the snow!" sAYWER IS GOING TO TYPE HIS NAME.......
ssaaaaaaaaaaaawyer

Phillip said...

wow did u get some snow! Looks live you live in the NORTH! Sawyer says "Thanks for sharing your video and pictures of Patti in the snow!" sAYWER IS GOING TO TYPE HIS NAME.......
ssaaaaaaaaaaaawyer