Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I was awoken Christmas morning by a video text message from the Ohio Gribbles. Jammie, Caroline, and Sawyer said "Merry Christmas! Call us!" That of course had me jumping out of bed and ready to start the day. I woke up mom and dad by playing the message for them. Once we got ourselves up and awake, we jumped on Skype to watch the Ohio Gribbles. Sawyer was so excited because he spent his first Christmas morning waking up in his own house! He showed us everything Santa had left while Caroline proceeded to eat donuts and chocolate! A girl after my own heart!
After saying our goodbyes, mom, dad, and I opened up our presents. Mom ended up wrapping Caroline's pretend vacumn cleaner as a clue for me to use the money to buy a new one for the floors. I am tired of using the broom and quite frankly it just doesn't work all that well as I watch Pattie hair and dust float away. So, I returned the pretend one back to it's spot in the toy cabinet and will venture out soon to get my own real one! Mom had also taken the time to paint a Pattie ornament for me. She found an ornament, but it was brown. So, she had to doctor it up a bit. It looks just like Pattie if you ask me! I can't wait to hang it on my tree next year! Don't worry, Pattie was not left out from her first Christmas. She got some bones and a few new toys; one of which was destroyed within the hour!

After presents, we headed over to Gen's for breakfast. There were about 25 of us that gathered as we always do for breakfast. This tradition began at my grandparents house many years ago and was passed along to Gen and Ken's house. Now the tradition has continued and will hopefully never be broken. I always hear it's good to start new traditions, but this is one I'm not willing to let go of just yet. We met at 10 to chit chat and enjoy a plate full of goodness! The afternoon was spent napping, Christmas movie watching, and eating a late lunch/dinner before calling it a night. I was to meet at Kathryn's house for a 5:30 a.m. departure time to go sale shopping!

No comments: