Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Easy Going

Track Practice wasn't so bad this week either! I'm going to attribute this to my ability to perform well in running situations!!! :)
The temperature dropped 20 degrees yesterday, so running in 66-68 degree weather was great! We did our 1 mile warm-up with drills on each lap. Our coaches were not there and our mentor is recovering from knee surgery; so he was there to cheer us on. So, he asked if someone could lead the group around the warm-up; calling out the drills. I was volunteered by the group and stepped up to my job! After the warm-up, we had to do 6 400's. Meaning, run one lap as hard as you can, then half lap recovery. So, we ran for 1.5 miles and walked for .75 miles. This seemed like nothing...when we were finished of course! Much better run than my attempts running down in GA this past weekend! I love the mountains and the mountain weather!!!

No comments: