Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Track Tuesday

Our group was quite small last night. Maybe it was the dark clouds looming around or the thunder we kept hearing! I think we all finished just in time. Lucky for me, our coaches just ran this crazy relay that took them through the mountains of VA and into the mountains of NC, and then lots of people are running the Asheville half-marathon this weekend; so track practice was easier.
Our coaches led us around the track for our warm-up, but they never started the drills (high knees, butt kicks, etc.) and we certainly didn't remind them! Afterwards, we ran 4 800's; which is 2 laps around fast, one lap walk. Just like last week, I wanted to get it done; so I ran 2 laps hard and walked half a lap. It seemed much easier this week. Could have been the fact we only did 4 instead of 6 like last week. When I finished the 4 times, for a split second I thought about doing more because I was starting to get in a groove. THEN, I quickly came back to my senses! My mind and muscles must have been somewhere else when that thought crossed my mind!
Either way, another track practice down in the books!

No comments: