Sunday, September 07, 2008

Running


I think I need to catch up from track practice this past Tuesday. We were to run 2 laps hard, walk 1 lap. Repeat this 6 times for a total of 4 1/2 miles; not including the 1 mile warm-up. I did this the first 2 times, then realized this crazy fast running group was on their way to the track. They are usually arriving as we are finishing up (our cool down); however, since we are running farther they are on the track at the end of our running. So, since they are intimidating and probably lap me about 3 times; I decided to run 2 laps hard and walk half a lap. Therefore, I was the first one finished because the really fast runners of the group had to do more times around. I had to reassure everyone that I really did do the right laps! After practice, we had our first team dinner. We were hoping Jake was coming with his family; but no such luck. However, after the dinner one of the coaches handed out goodies for our fund raising. I have raised enough to receive a Team In Training (TNT) mousepad and a TNT hat. (You can see it in the picture which was taken after my run on Saturday.)

Saturday we ran 7 miles!!! Hills and all! Actually, we ran 7.23 miles. I found this out after I found out we really ran 6 miles last Saturday instead of the 5 we thought! No wonder it felt so long! I did do some walking on some of the hills and stopped at the water station. But, I finished 7 miles!!!

2 comments:

Crystal Johnson said...

I am so proud!

Phillip said...

Awesome! The hat really suits you. I'm sure you look really strong when you are using the mousepad, too.