Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hot Running!

SO, the "devils went down to GA". Wait, let me start again. Travis and I went down to GA for Cameron's 2nd b-day party and to see the newest Young, Zoe! She was born on Thursday, so Zion is a BIG sister! I will post pictures of them later on. I did get some cute ones!

So, Saturday morning before we headed to meet the new baby and then to Anna and Graeme's to watch football; I had to do my 5 mile run. I drove down to the river, parked my car, and took the paved trail back down that rode. As I was on my way there I was thinking, "Piece of cake! This road is flat!" I got ready, took off down the road, got about a mile (maybe) and started thinking "When is this going to end?!" The air is so much thicker down there; it was hard for me to get a good breath. It was like running at the beach except when you finished there was no ocean or pool to jump into! Sweat was dripping down my arms and off my fingertips! I didn't wear my sunglasses for some stupid reason, so sweat was stinging my left eye. I was thinking how good this was going to be for me though. I was going to lose 15 pounds easily with this run! I was starting to get in my groove around mile 2 when my IPod died! I spent the next .5 being upset about it, but then realizing I was almost to the turn around! It was at 2.5 that I turned around, walked to try and catch my breath then took off jogging again. That seemed like the longest job back. About mile 4, I was able to run through some sprinklers thanks to some swanky house that was watering their yard. That was another plus, the houses were big and beautiful to look at. Either way, I finally finished the run.
Sunday was to be my 3 mile recovery run. I decided to save gas and time and just run around the neighborhood. Well, there are hills in this place and it was thick air again. I did make it and am not certain I did 3 miles. I just jogged for 30 minutes. I'm looking forward to being back in the mountains to run...I'll consider that my recovery!!!

No comments: