Thursday, February 12, 2009

Go Heels!


The Carolina vs. Duke game has been quite the event at my school, or at least on the K-1 Hall. There is a classroom in 1st grade where the teacher is a huge Carolina fan and the assistant is a huge Duke fan. Hence the forming of Rivalry day which occurs when the two teams meet up for the first time during the season. You have to walk through a huge Tarheel to enter the room, the kids all wear shirts for their favorite team, there are math questions throughout the day about who has won more games, more championships, scored more points, etc; and even face painting!
There are several teachers on this hall who are huge Tarheel fans and one more Duke fan...sorry for her! My assistant's oldest daughter is a freshman at Carolina this year; so we are defiantly pulling for the Heels! In fact, I have a Tarheel rug in my room this year! So, I have included two pictures; one of which tries to show my face painting.
In case you didn't know...Carolina 101 Duke 87

1 comment:

Phillip said...

It was a great game. How fun that you get to dress down on game day for school. have a good one. Jammie