Sunday, April 18, 2010

Little Baking

This post is dedicated to my cousins, Mary (Maggie) and Lina, both of whom enjoy cooking, baking, and trying new recipes. I on the other hand do not get much pleasure out of cooking. When entertaining I do enjoy fixing foods. However on a daily basis cooking is not on my top list of things to do. One day I'm going to enjoy being in the kitchen...one day!
I was invited the last Sunday of my break over to my friends Anna and Blair's while they were grilling out. Blair enjoys grilling and he made a mean hamburger that evening..might tasty. I offered to bring dessert. I was craving a chocolate pie, but decided to spice it up a bit with crushed Heath bar pieces in the pie and sprinkled on top. This picture captures what I saw as I stepped back once the pie was complete. This is how we "cook" in the south:

4 comments:

Lina said...

Hahahahah - I love it! It looks like it was delicious and if you keep that hammer around, no one is going to argue with you or fight you for the last piece. :)

marye said...

Looks delicious to me too! Heath bars are the best!

Anonymous said...

it was very yummy!!!! thank you for bringing it...feel free to bring another one any time!!!

Phillip said...

too funny!
JG