Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fashionista

Friday night I attended the Rachel Pally Trunk show at Gusto. Intending only to show support, enjoy a sweet treat and a drink, and mingle with family was overpowered by the beautiful necklace and green shoes that I purchased before the night was over! I wore my new shoes out of the store just like I had gotten a new pair of Zips shoes. (Apparently this was my "thing" when ever I got a new pair of Zips shoes when I was young?!) As you'll be able to see in the pictures, Grandmother decided later in the evening she wanted to try on some high heels! She and mom both are quite the shoe models! Saturday morning, mom and I met Kathryn and Tom at the mother load of rummage sales! The junior league of W-S was holding their annual sale. I walked out of there with 5 sweaters and 3 skirts for only $16; holding true to my $20 limit! That's some bargain shopping right there!
That evening, Mom and I headed downtown to join Kathryn and Tom for dinner before walking up to the fashion show. Gusto was the host of the evenings festivities. Some of the proceeds from both nights would go back to the Susan G. Komen chapter in W-S. The fashion show was actually the chapters deal and Gusto graciously offered their place and fashion tips! There were two breast cancer survivors who spoke about their journeys then joined the others to strut their stuff in the show!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Fashion Show
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
A free slideshow design by Smilebox

No comments: