Sunday, April 18, 2010

Showering of Friends and Family

Friday night, I arrived home in time to eat dinner with mom and dad at Pinebrook. Before I continue, I would just like to apologize to Pinebrook for chicken bones and cell phones; musical treats while the tea and table meet! (That's for mom and dad who are probably laughing right now!) Okay, let's continue. Saturday morning I went with mom to meet most of her brothers and sisters for breakfast. Laura and Grant were in town so Kyle, Kathryn, mom, and I meet up for a little breakfast, lots of coffee, and an abundance of chit chat! I love surprise meetings like this!Soon after the breakfast, it was time to head over to Audrey's shower.
Audrey is anxiously awaiting the arrival of Baby Banks who is expected to arrive one year after Marty's death. Such a bittersweet moment this will be. Audrey received a kitchen table full of gifts along with a piggy bank for Banks. He certainly has a good start to his fortune! There was a dining room table filled with yummy snacks such as blueberry yogurt covered pretzels, chicken salad bites, shells filled with blue tinted "fluff" topped with a blueberry, fruit with dip, bite sized ham biscuits, and muffins. Can you tell that Audrey is having a boy and she also loves blueberries?! Mom and I helped Audrey unload the presents at her house, checked out gifts from previous showers, and saw the updates to the nursery. Banks will be set! That afternoon, I met Kathryn and Tom downtown for drinks and appetizers. It was a perfect afternoon for sitting in the sun and catching up. We later met up with Kyle and Marie for dinner. I stopped by Gusto on my way and invited the owners down for a drink. A few minutes later, Austin arrived and caught us up on the latest happenings of downtown life! What a family filled weekend! I'm looking forward to the fashion show next weekend!

2 comments:

Phillip said...

Sounds like fun. I want another baby shower!! JG

me said...

Jammie, you don't usually get baby showers for the 3rd child...especially since you already have one of each. Nice try though! :)