Sunday, September 05, 2010

Apple Pie, apple cider, apple slushies...


Saturday afternoon I went to the Apple Festival. I have lived up here for 8 years now and have never attended the festival. My friend Anna quite enjoys it. Since her husband was working, she asked me to tag along with her and who could pass up an invitation to the festival right?! So, after my long morning nap, I got ready to meet her. Pattie enjoyed playing in the backyard with Clemson while the girls took off for some fried apple delights! Her husband has never enjoyed eating the food, so this year that's exactly what we did! We started off with a fried apple pie, followed by a corn dog, and finished up with an apple cider slushie. We ran into our friends Jennifer and Eugene as well as some children from school. We browsed the craft tents, filled our bellies, heard some music, and fought crowds for about two hours before calling it a successful apple festival adventure!

No comments: