Sunday, September 05, 2010

Camping


Thursday evening, Uncle Dave sent me a text. He would be in the area camping until Monday morning and sent the invitation for Pattie and I to join him, Christa, and Annie the sweet dog. Even though all I wanted to do Friday night after completing the first full week with 22 Kindergartners, 15 of those boys!, was to come home and be in bed by 7:30; I decided when would I get another chance to camp with Uncle Dave? So, I told him I'd meet up with them after work. They were just camping about 10 minutes down the road from me, so I was at the campsite around 5. We sat around talking while the dogs played in the river and chased the ball. David fixed us a mean meal before we called it an evening around 9:30ish. However, the excited kids that arrived around 8 next to us weren't ready to call it a night until after 10:30 when their parents began to settle down. Pattie is also not the best camper. She doesn't quite get the concept of actually sleeping in the tent! I started to time it, and every 5 minutes she would sit up and I would tell her to lie back down by either patting the ground or sometimes having to tug on her collar. This pretty much continued throughout the night. I think my best sleep was between 5:30 and 6:45 at which time I decided it was time to get up. I walked Pattie down the road before heading out. We were home by 7:15 and I was back in my bed around 8:00 for a two hour nap! David and Christa are staying in the area until Monday morning and should be experiencing some perfect camping weather!

No comments: