Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fall Begins




Well, a field trip + a full moon + early release = one crazy week at school!
We went to an apple orchard this week with the kids. They go through a corn maze, a soybean maze, watch an apple being peeled and taste it while in the barn, taste apple cider, and go on a tractor ride through the orchard stopping to pick a bag of apples. Afterwards, we enjoy our picnic lunch before heading back to school. This is one of my favorite trips and the people at this orchard do a fabulous job! I had Mrs. Watkins pose with me on the trip.
Friday evening, a few of us gathered at a local place. The girls caught up while the guys played a game or two of cornhole. I am keeping Lucy, Pattie's sister, this weekend so while I was out the girls played in the fence yard. I have really got to get myself one of these! I picked them up on my way back home and they slept hard Friday night. Saturday morning, I dropped them off again before heading to Maggie's brunch. She is expecting her third child the end of October. Her two boys will have a new baby sister to love soon! Ann and I were going to meet with some friends at the Greek Festival Saturday afternoon, but the rain had another plan for us. So, I took Ann to get her U-haul then picked up two wet and stinky dogs before heading home. Fall is officially starting up here with some much needed rain and welcomed cooler temperatures. I was just hoping the rain would hold off until we could get Ann moved. Oh well, nothing like moving in the rain right?!

No comments: