Saturday, May 23, 2009

Boys Will Be Boys...

Before I forget them, I wanted to share two stories that stuck out this past week in the world of teaching Kindergarten:
Story 1:
Scene: We are at the bathrooms and water fountain after playing outside
Little Boy: Ms. Gribble, I got a p in my eye
Ms. Gribble: A p? Tell me that again.
L.B: I got a p in my eye
Ms. G.: I'm sorry, I don't understand. Tell me again.
L.B.: You know like when you're done in the bathroom and you shake. I got a p in my eye.
Ms. G: turns around to laugh!!!! Hey, I asked right!
This comes from the same boy who calls McDonalds "Old McDonalds"

Story 2:
Scene: During lovely math assessment
Ms. G: Will you count for me as high as you can go. (We want them to count to at least 30 and we stop them if they make it to 100)
Little Boy: .....57, 58, 59, 100! Hey, I didn't know I could count to 100!

Cute huh?! Enjoy your day! I'm off to run in the Girls on the Run 5K with kids from school. I think the fastest 5th grader asked me to be her running buddy...here's to survival! :)

No comments: