Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend




Friday afternoon, Pattie and I drove home to see my parents for the weekend. I thought mom might want to see her granddog for Mother's Day weekend! Good friends of ours were having a yard sale starting Friday, so mom went shopping for me. They always have great clothes, so it was like Christmas when I got home! Saturday morning, mom and I walked back over to the yard sale and returned the things that didn't work for me. From there, Pattie and I went on our first jog. She did well and I think she could have gone for 5 miles longer! We met up with mom and finished walking. We showered, then headed out to breakfast with friends and whatever else came our way!

After breakfast, we decided to hit up downtown Winston-Salem. We walked down the Avenue of the Arts. Many of the stores reminded me of shops found in downtown Asheville. After finishing up, we headed to another store before enjoying a late lunch. That evening we were too full from lunch, so we watched a movie and ate popcorn and ice cream for dinner. Actually, ice cream came first...the only way to eat dessert right?!

Sunday we went to church and had Sunday Lunch with the "family" at "Grandmother Gen's". Unfortunately the tennis court at her house is old and hasn't been used in years. Good for Pattie b/c that's were she stayed while we had lunch. Audrey brought over Woody, a big black lab. They had a ball in the court. Pattie was pooped! She laid right down and slept the whole ride back!

No comments: