Saturday, January 30, 2010

here we "snow" again

Fridays' forecast consisted of a heavy snowstorm that was heading our way. We began our school day knowing that this storm wasn't supposed to hit until 3:00 at the earliest. This meant a whole day with super excited kids...yeah! I prepared myself for the "best" and headed to work. As we were coming back from lunch, we found out that there would be a 1:00 dismissal...thank goodness! We sent our kids on their way and waited until the all clear from the county. We looked out our windows around 2:30 and flakes were just starting. At 2:45, we were finally dismissed and the storm was in full force! The grass was quickly being covered. I parked my car in the driveway at 3:30 and by 3:45, it was covered along with the street. It snowed 2 inches per hour for the 1st 2 hours of the storm. It slacked off a bit, but was still steadily coming down! The most I could find in my yard was 10 inches even though the news reported that the most around the area could be found where I lived...13 inches!!! We woke up Saturday morning to sleet packing the snow down. So, today has been spent lounging. Pattie and I have gone outside every hour or so to "play" and check things out. The last time we went, I was beginning to get a little stir crazy. So, we took out the chuckit and frisbee to play. A few times Pattie was able to dig out the ball from the snow, but the last time it was lost in the heap of snow. No sweat, I know the general area and we'll find it when it thaws. So, we just switched to the frisbee which worked much better! Who says you can't throw the frisbee in the snow? My next trick is to teach her to throw it back to me!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


I tried to build a snowman, but it's not good packing snow. Maybe next time...I mean next year!

1 comment:

Phillip said...

so glad to see you guys have the snow instead of us. Seems like you may have had more total snow this year than we have!