Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Charleston!





Friday after school, I rode down to Charleston with Mandi and Ryan. We were all running in the Cooper River Bridge Run; which is a 10K. Our friend Becca and her brother were also running, but we never got to see them. We stayed in downtown Charleston and they were staying at the Isle Of Palms. With all the traffic and road closing, we never made it over there until Sunday for lunch when they were already gone. Plus, I didn't have a car. So while Becca was calling me Saturday to say how beautiful the beach was, I was walking around downtown Charleston enjoying the sites! I did have a good time and enjoyed making new memories of Charleston.

I was able to cut about 3 minutes off my time from the 10K I ran in January! I'm thinking about finding another 10K for the summer so I can continue improving my time! The run was beautiful especially when we crested the bridge. I was able to "run" the whole time minus less than 30 seconds for one water stop. I'm still working on that running while you're drinking from a cup thing! We enjoyed some celebration beers, walked around downtown, and went back out to watch the Tarheels make it to the final game! All in all, it was an awesome weekend!

The pictures: Mandi and I were just having fun as cougars under the sign. The picture of the three of us is where the finish line was for the race. Since I didn't get any pictures from the race, this one will have to do! Finally, we took a cab back after the game. It looked like the car that Super Nanny drives...Super "Manny" drove us home! :)

Where did Pattie stay you ask? With her sister of course! I dropped her off Thursday night. She and Lucy barely stopped long enough for me to tell Pattie bye. Apparently, they played the entire weekend together. They ate at the same time, slept at the same time, pottied at the same time, and each had hold of the same toy at the same time. She did wag her tail and gave me lots of kisses once she saw me! I'm pretty sure she misses her sister though. Hopefully we can have a play date soon!

No comments: