Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring Hike


I was originally thinking about making a trip home this weekend for the Jaycees Rummage sale with Kathryn. However, Friday afternoon I decided I would skip out on it this year. After reading Kathryn's e-mail this morning about all the great finds, I was kicking myself a bit for not going. There's always next year!

I was hoping to catch a Tourist baseball game today at 2. With the beautiful weather we are having, I wanted to do something outside! I called a few friends and left messages hoping someone would have the same idea. Around 12:30 I got a hold of my friends Maggie and Justin. They were loading up the van to take the boys on a hike. I invited myself and Pattie along for the ride and told them about some easier hikes in the Pisgah. I immediately called Brad and Ann (newlyweds!) and told them about the hike. About 45 minutes later, we were all meeting up in the Pisgah for an afternoon hike! We went on the Moores Cove trail. It's .7 miles to a waterfall that you can walk up behind. It was just long enough for Justin who was carrying Miles, Maggie who was carrying Liam, and Pattie who was so excited to be in the woods somewhere besides the one trail we've gone on! Ann and Brad left us and went on a beautiful hike (Looking Glass Falls) which I hope to go on in the near future! It turned out to be a beautiful day filled with a good hike, good friends, and plenty of sunshine!

No comments: