Sunday, October 11, 2009

Teenager!




Well, today my world changes. Today, I begin living with a "teenager"! Pattie is 9 months old today and it shows! I could tell last week that she seemed more energetic and wasn't calming down around 9:00 or 9:30 like usual. Usually around that time she would curl up and sleep where ever I was until I went into the bedroom to sleep. Actually, she sometimes curled up as early as 8:30 for her resting time. When we threw the chuck-it after school, she seemed to be able to go forever! So, this morning I realized that today she was 9 months old and I looked it up online for some hints. Here is what I should expect from her:
* she is 80% of her adult size (she is filling out more in the chest)
* she should have all of her permanent teeth now..it's time to start brushing!
* she will be awake more and have more energy (oh yeah! this one is true!)
* she will be more curious about things; possibly eating things she hasn't eaten before. (I think she's killed and tried to eat 6 bugs just in the past 3 days...good for my house though!)
* she will shed her puppy coat and gain hair more distinctive to her breed. (I thought something was wrong with her b/c she was losing tons of hair!)
* puberty has set in and unplanned pregnancies can happen (took care of that in July!)
Either way, my Pattie is wonderful! I wouldn't trade her for any other dog!

On another note, Happy Birthday to my friend Anna! Pattie and I stopped by today with lunch on the back deck while the puppies played in the yard! Here's to a great year for you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the birthday lunch!!! It was wonderful to spend my birthday with a great friend! I feel blessed to have you in my life! :)