Saturday, October 03, 2009

Turning 30



My friend Maggie (the other red head girl) joined the club yesterday. She celebrated her 30th birthday! I rode with Crystal, Danny, and their boys to meet Maggie, Justin, and their boys along with Maggie's brother and girlfriend for dinner. We met up at Brixx pizza- yum! Crystal had the great idea to stop and get balloons to do a little decorating. It was the perfect Fall night to hang outside while waiting for the table. Owen and Miles enjoyed "jumping" and "throwing" leaves they found in a small pile.
After dinner, Maggie, Justin, and I headed out to hear some music. Railroad Earth was playing at the Orange Peel. I haven't been to hear music in awhile. The last music I probably heard was at the Earth Day festival back in April. I haven't been to a show at night in awhile either. It was actually great to see some old college friends, enjoy some music, and be proud that I can still hang! It was interesting watching the whippersnappers knowing that used to be me back in the day! Either way, we left the show around 1:30 and I finally got home around 2:15. I hit the pillow about 2:30 and didn't move until 6:00. Yup, that's right. 6 a.m. Luckily I was able to go back to sleep until 8ish, but I bet there will be some napping going on during football watching!

No comments: